In order to transport food or agricultural products, medicines, meter solutions in the respective industries, where cleanliness is very important, with the help of any sanitary pump such operation can be easily performed.
In many kinds of industrial and commercial applications, nowadays these sanitary pumps are used. Some of the typical applications of such pumps are in following areas:
- Brewery and distillery
- Agriculture and horticulture
- Food processing
- Food service
- OEM supply
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology applications
There are following four types of sanitary pumps available:
This type of pump can generate velocity with the help of centrifugal force applied by the pump. Impellers will be rotated for increasing the velocity, which will push the fluids through an outlet valve.
This type of pump forces fluid through a nozzle and in this way fluid’s energy gets converted into velocity energy.
- Positive displacement
This type of pump uses gears, rollers or impellers for moving fluids into the fixed cavity such that, where there is fluid it is drawn by the vacuum created by the pump.
In this type of pump, air and gas is mixed with the liquid media and this mixture of air and liquid whose specific gravity is lower than liquid will rise in the pipe and will be discharged above the liquid level.
There are number of features available for sanitary pump.
- Those pumps which has the facility of adjusting speeds that can enable operator to select the speed based on the need.
- Those pumps which are continuous duty type where 100 per cent duty cycle is maintained by such pumps.
- Those pumps which are run dry type can operate without external lubrication or pump fluid for extended period of time.
- Few of the waste pump have battery back-up, pressure gauge, grinding mechanism, level control device, control panel, thermal overload protection, filter, strainer or suction.
- Few other waste pumps are close coupled, belt-driven, explosion proof, hygienic, frame mounted, jacketed, self-priming, seal less, portable or they can be configured as pump for stringy or sticky materials.
- There are some pumps available which are reversible, multistage, and plug-in type with the capability of washdown features. This kind of pump can either move horizontally or vertically that depends upon the direction of rotor/stator assembly of pump.
If you are interested to buy such pump then you can buy from any local industry. In case you do not get the right specification then you can try online market.